To transform Oklahoma City communities into a unified team that focuses on the prevention of under-age Alcohol, Tobacco and other drugs (ATOD) usage and other problem behaviors. We also endeavor to improve the success level of youth and families who are challenged in their daily journey to become positive and productive citizens in their communities.
To effectively impact communities through education, prevention and intervention; to create positive and productive youths and adults.
Some of our collaborations include: Crooked Oak Schools, Teens Working Together, Touchstone Youth Project, Oklahoma State Legislature, Integris Baptist Hospital, Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City, Eagle Ridge Institute, Fox 25, Estes Park Church of Christ,OKC Police Department,Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Department Prospect, and Neighborhood Associations such as Akers Park, POSSIBILITIES, and Tinker Federal Credit Union.
- Bonding to family with healthy beliefs and clear standards.
- Attachments to peers with healthy beliefs & clear standards.
- Opportunities for pro-social involvement in community.
- Recognition for pro-social involvement.
- Increase in social skills.
- Community Awareness Initiatives addressing risk and protective factors such as neighborhood beautification/safety projects
- Health and Safety Fair
- Community Newsletter
- Youth Development Initiatives:
- Teens Working Together (TWT)
- Teens Against Drugs (TAD)
- Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT)
- Under-age access to alcohol prevention (2M2L)
- Camp Possibilities
- Community Mobilization Training & Capacity Building
- Town Hall Meetings and Community Summits
Funding provided by: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSAS), Oklahoma Department of Mental Health Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS), Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)